Monday, February 15, 2010

It's been a while, hasn't it? It turns out that it's when you really need to write that you don't feel like. Anyway, a lot has happened in the last month or so - wow, it's exactly a month-and I hope I can remember it all. (One thing I can say for this pregnancy is that it is definitely eventful, if anything.)

So I moved out of my friend's house into another friend's place. When she kicked me out I tried frantically to get a place around or within that same area, as my hospital where I am registered is in that estate. I tried to raise money through friends by getting 12 friends to each get 1000 naira from 60 friends. The idea was to raise about 700k which was half of the rent required for a 2 bedroom flat I saw, including agent fees and sundry, and to beg the landlady to allow me pay for only one year. Not a few of my friends made promises, appalled that I had to go that far. But suffice it to say that all those plans, and those promises, fell through.

At the same time I plucked up courage to finally tell my father about the pregnancy. The decision was prompted by a discussion I had with my mum concerning the accommodation problem. I mentioned to her that my cousin called me

No comments:

Post a Comment